Tuesday, October 22, 2019

I Like People Who Look Forward to Looking Forward to Things


I had a dream I was helping Boris Johnson and Bertrand Russell reconcile. They'd been almost inseparable since childhood, but due to a few harmless gaffes, not to be blamed completely on either -- they felt very much at odd with each other. I was able to take Boris, then Bertrand down to the ocean from the hotel we were staying in, and I'd show them the sand, the stones, and how the water reflected on my viewing box for tide-pools. They'd get interested in how the box worked and admiring nature, so when they saw each other later they forgave and off they went on some other merry expedition. I was glad and sad when I saw them go off, I knew they'd forget about me, but I knew repairing their friendship was more important. 

No comments: