Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cartoon - Repetitive Stress


This was me about 10 years ago, both wrists and upper arms, totally wrecked. I was working 12 - 18 hours a day, 5 - 6 days a week, my only indulgence was insisting on taking Sunday off. We worked so much we got high off the time. We were developing a telephony product, the project was in the weeds. People would jump on airplanes in the middle of the night and ping pong around the country to our component suppliers to put out fires, we'd buy CPUs airline seats to get the equipment to us as fast as possible, Directors, VPs, and entire departments fought bloody turf battles, and a few people went to the madhouse. "Nobody gets rewarded for failure.", said the project manager, quite grimly. The project never shipped. I was temporarily disabled. While I was on work comp, they terminated my contract. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me. CM Evans Cartoons

No comments: